Lots To See and Plenty To Do
The Belle Isle Art Fair celebrates the artists and their creations. One way we do this is by encouraging those coming out to learn about the process and even to try creating art on their own. That's why we partner with area organizations to offer hands on activities. Our artists are also encouraged to demonstrate.
WELCOME TO THE BELLE ISLE ART FAIR
Belle Isle Park has been a feature of the city since 1880. People in the area have fond memories of attending a family reunion, a community celebration or a major event at the Island. Many visit the park throughout the year to enjoy it's beauty and serenity.
The Belle Isle Art Fair is meant to help you bring that beauty back home with you to enjoy. A chance to relax even when you can't take the time to visit the Island. Artwork that sparks memories and promotes a sense of well being.
For more information about the park, the city, and other outdoor attractions click on any of the links below.
Learn about East Jefferson
All about Belle Isle Park
Michigan State Parks
City of Detroit
Plenty to see • Plenty to do
• Enjoy make and take projects with the Mint Artists Guild
• See (and buy) work from over 65 juried artists. Some of your favorites and many that you have never seen before.
• Enjoy international food- Italian, Mexican, Greek and American.
• Support young artists- Mint Artists Guild teen artists will be showing and selling their work. For more information about Mint, click here.
• Listen to acoustic music. violins, vibraphones, and guitar music selected to enhance the experience.
STATE PARK ACCESS PERMIT
Ride your bike and lock it up to the fences adjacent to the art fair. Take the Belle Isle bus service (Route 12) to the island. Click here for the bus schedule.
The Belle Isle Art Fair is absolutely free to attend, but there is a State Park access fee if you are driving. Michigan residents receive a full year of park access to over 120 Michigan parks for $11. Non-residents can buy a one-day pass for $9 or an annual pass for $31. Passes are available at the gate.
For more information about the Michigan State Parks go to Michigan.gov.
The Belle Isle Art Fair is a juried event. The deadline is May 8. Application.
There are many ways to participate. The most important is to come out and support the artists.